The mission of the City of Miles City RSVP is to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for individuals 55 and older to meet community needs.
RSVP is sponsored by the City of Miles City through grant funding provided by the Corporation for National and Community Services along with local funding such as fundraising activities, grants from L.P. and Teresa Anderson Foundation, St. Vincent DePaul, and the Governor’s Office of Community Service.
Why join RSVP?
- As an RSVP volunteer, you choose how and where you want to serve. You choose the amount of time you want to give. And you choose whether you want to draw on your skills or develop new ones. In short, you find the opportunity that’s right for you.
- RSVP offers a full range of volunteer opportunities with over 53 non-profits in Custer and Rosebud counties. In 2011 those volunteers provided 26,832 hours totaling $573,131.52 of volunteer time to these agencies. One volunteer said, “I cannot contribute to fundraising activities due to my income, but I feel so rich, in self-worth not money, to get to volunteer at the library.”
- RSVP provides supplemental accident and liability insurance while you are serving as an RSVP volunteer.
- Make an impact on your community
- Enjoy RSVP social events
- And much, much more……..
What is RSVP?
- RSVP is America’s largest volunteer network for people age 55 and over.
- RSVP helps volunteers find opportunities in their communities, and helps non-profits fill permanent and temporary volunteer needs.
- RSVP helps participating organizations coordinate volunteer projects and special event staffing.
- RSVP provides non-profits with statistical information on the types and levels of volunteerism in their areas in support of funding requests and grant maintenance.
You’ve gained a lifetime of experience. Now is the time to put your skills and talents to good use by volunteering through RSVP. Join RSVP and you join nearly 500,000 volunteers across the country who are tackling tough issues in their communities.